Are you interested in learning more about your sleep?
Do you ever experience sudden movements, leg cramps, strange jerks, or a complete inability to move when you fall asleep, during your sleep, or when you wake up? Do you ever sleepwalk or eat during your sleep? Do you want to know more about the impact of sleep behaviours on overall quality of sleep?
If so, you are invited to take part in a research study to help us understand more about sleep, sleep behaviours, and sleep disorders.
Anyone can participate if they:
Have received a diagnosis, or have behaviours characteristic, of the following sleep disorders:
- Sleep Related Eating Disorder
- Recurrent Isolated Sleep Paralysis
- Recurrent Leg Cramps
- Leg jerks
Unfortunately, you cannot participate if you:
- Are under the age of 18
- Have a suspected, undiagnosed or untreated sleep disorder other than those mentioned above
- However, you can participate if the sleep disorder is stable and treated e.g. if you have sleep apnoea and use CPAP, or if you have insomnia and improved after CBT-1
- Have a suspected, undiagnosed or untreated mental health disorder
- However, you can participate if diagnosed, treated and stable e.g. if you have depression and are using antidepressants, or if depression is not getting worse
- Reading an Explanatory Statement
- Completing a Consent Form
- Completing a sleep diary (provided), every morning for two weeks
- Completing questionnaires about your sleep
If you are interested in participating in this study, or would like further information, please contact:
+61 488 205 873